Published: 3rd October 2022
Position: Trainee Van Conversion Technician
Location: Northern Worksop Leeds LS12
Job Type: Full Time 45hrs, Permanent, Monday to Friday, 07.30 to 1700 plus overtime
Salary: Competitive Rates – Dependent on Experience.
SM UK are the UK’s No.1 Auto Electrical and Van Conversion company operating Nationwide dealing with some of the largest fleets in the country and recognised as the preferred supplier for the UK’s biggest manufacturer of vehicle safety systems.
SM UK are looking for Trainee Van Conversion Technicians to begin their career with us.
Are you looking to kick start your career as a Van Conversion Technician? Do you want to work on projects that challenge you daily, do you want to learn whilst you earn?
Do you have the ability to listen to and learn from your colleagues whilst gaining the skills to complete a Commercial Van Conversion?
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join our Team of Engineers. Here you will learn from the industry’s best, with the opportunity to work on a variety of Commercial Vehicle Projects. You will be based in our new purpose-built facility in Leeds, incorporating our Head Office and Northern Workshop.
Our van conversion division install racking, flooring, external storage, lighting, and cameras dealing with leading brands such as Sortimo, System Edstrom and Rhino to provide bespoke solutions for clients up and down the country.
As a Trainee Van Conversion Technician you will be involved in all areas of the van conversion process, including Welfare Vans, Bespoke Racking Solutions to full Turn-Key Van Conversions, with the opportunity to be involved in many different projects as an integral part of the Team.
We are looking to recruit motivated individuals who are ambitious and want to expand their skills and experience to develop their future career with us. You may be a college leaver, someone just starting out in their career or someone more mature wishing to learn a new trade, as long as you have a positive attitude and desire towards learning new skills, we would love to hear from you. We provide full in-house training on all our installation products, systems and procedures.
The position requires a confident person who loves working with their hands, can follow instructions and communicate well at all levels, both working on their own initiative and as part of a Team. A full UK Driving License is not essential but would be an advantage.
The position will offer training towards the following:
- Installation of electrical components such as lightbars, interior lights, beacons.
- Installation of welfare and health and safety equipment
- Installation of Seating Systems
- Installation of interior racking and storage systems such as Sortimo and System Edstrom
- Installation of flooring and wall lining
- Installation of camera, sensors and recording systems
- Learn how to read technical drawings and designs
- Safe use of hand and power tools
- External Product Training
In return we offer the following:
- Full in-house training and development
- Private Health Care which includes discount on gym memberships, Apple watches, cinema vouchers and may more benefits
- Life Assurance 3 x Basic Salary
- Company Pension Scheme in line with government standards
- 28 days Holiday (Including 8 Bank Holidays)
- A paid day off on your Birthday
- Birthday Gift Voucher
- Employee Reward & Recognition Scheme
- Full uniform, including safety boots and basic tools
- Free onsite parking
If you would like to be part of a growing, successful Van Conversion Team, working to the highest standard, backed by a dedicated management and administrative team coupled with excellent training and progression opportunities then look no further, contact us for more information.
SMUK is an Equal Opportunities employer and all applicants will receive equal treatment within their application and selection process.