Welfare & Van Conversions
Location: Head Office, Leeds
Job Type: Full Time 40hrs, Permanent, Monday – Friday
Salary: Up to £28,000 per annum, depending on experience
Due to our continued progressive growth, diversification and planned further expansion, SM UK currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Design Engineer for our Welfare and Van Conversion Division to further enhance our existing team.
We are looking to recruit a highly organised, proactive and enthusiastic Design Engineer who can confidently communicate at all levels. You will be motivated and ambitious and want to be part of our Team with a desire to expand your knowledge and experience to further develop your future career with us.
Ideally you will have previous van conversion experience within the automotive industry or similar background, with the relevant qualifications and/or experience in a similar role.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for design engineering and be able to work to a high standard on their own initiative and as part of a Team. Drawing on your experience you will be responsible for designing simple racking systems to more specialist bespoke designs.
You will possess excellent design and communication skills and stive to provide the best possible customer solution for every opportunity, building long standing working relationships with new and existing Clients.
You will have strong CAD skills and knowledge to deliver potential and existing customers with relevant optimum design solutions using leading edge products. You will be responsible for ensuring that every van conversion design meets all the required legislative requirements whilst working with vehicle manufacturers, VCA, VOSA and other professional authorities.
Your duties will include the installation of the following on commercial vehicles:
- Ownership of all CAD aspects of client projects ensuring drawings/design/information are provided within set deadlines
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Developing design, in line with estimated concept and best manufacturing methods including van racking solutions, on board power, lighting and accessories
- Produce, store and issue CAD Model drawings and supporting engineering information
- Generate Bills of Materials and Cutting Lists
- Generate CNC programs as required
- Meeting both internal and external deadlines
- Project Management
- Providing an exceptional customer experience
- Liaising with Manufacturing representatives
- Following internal procedures and processes
- Liaising effectively with internal departments such as Sales, Workshop, and Stores to efficiently manage each project and provide a seamless customer service