Published: 29th January 2024
Position: Purchase Ledger Administrator
Location: Leeds Head Office
Job Type: Full Time 37.5 hrs, Permanent, Monday to Friday
Salary: £24,000 to £26,000 dependent on experience
SM UK are the UK’s No.1 Auto Electrical and Van Conversion company operating Nationwide dealing with some of the largest fleets in the country.
SM UK are recognised as the preferred supplier for the UK’s biggest manufacturer of vehicle safety systems including commercial vehicle CCTV, reverse cameras, cyclist detection systems including HALO®, obstacle detection and radar systems, visual warning systems and specialist vehicle installation. More recently SM UK has expanded into the Racking, Welfare and Van Conversion Market dealing with leading brands such as Sortimo and System Edstrom to provide bespoke solutions for clients up and down the country.
We are looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger Administrator to join our team in our new purpose-built Head Office and workshop facility in Leeds. Ideally you will be highly efficient and well organised with a flexible approach and can confidently communicate at all levels. You will be a motivated and ambitious individual who will be integral to our Finance Team with a desire to expand your knowledge and experience to further develop your future career with us.
Working in a small team and reporting to the General Manager you will be responsible for recording and monitoring all company expenditure whilst building successful relationships with internal departments and suppliers. Ideally you will be from a finance background with previous Purchase Ledger experience. You will need to be a confident communicator and comfortable dealing with suppliers and resolving issues by telephone and email.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Using the Xero Accounting System to maintain supplier accounts
- Processing and Maintaining purchase invoices/records
- Dealing with supplier queries
- Creating, preparing and reconciling supplier weekly/monthly payment runs/statements
- Reconciling payments
- Processing new supplier credit applications and setting up new supplier accounts
- Processing BACS payments
- Filing Invoices
- Processing employee expenses
- Bill Auditing
- Processing staff credit card transactions
- General office administration support
- Maintain company Fuel Card account
Key experience/skills required:
- Purchase Ledger experience essential
- Experience of using Xero Accounting System would be desirable but not essential and full training will be given.
- Excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for detail to ensure accurate record-keeping.
- Ability to work to deadline and prioritise
- IT confident with knowledge of MS Office and Excel
In return we offer the following:
- Private Health Care including discounts on partner gym memberships and a health reward scheme.
- Workplace Pension Scheme in line with government standards
- Reward and Recognition Scheme
- Free on-site Parking
- 28 days Holiday (Including Bank Holidays)
- Full in-house training
If you would like to be part of our growing successful Finance Team at SM UK then contact us for more information.