Published: 25th August 2023
Position: Planner (Leeds)
Location: Head Office, Leeds
Job Type: Full Time 40hrs, Permanent, 0830 to 1700 Monday to Friday
Salary: £28,000 dependent on experience
We offer the following:
- Private Health Care Insurance including discounted gym memberships, reward plan and other benefits
- Company Pension Scheme in line with government standards
- 28 days Holiday (Including Bank Holidays)
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Full in-house training
- On Site Parking
Due to our continued progressive growth, diversification and further recent expansion into our new purpose-built facility, incorporating our new Leeds Head Office and Workshop, SM UK currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Planner based at Leeds Head Office to further enhance our existing Bookings Team.
SM UK are recognised as the preferred supplier for the UK’s biggest manufacturer of vehicle safety systems including commercial vehicle CCTV, reverse cameras, cyclist detection systems including HALO®, obstacle detection and radar systems, visual warning systems and specialist vehicle installation. We also have an experienced van conversion division providing in house designs for full Turn-Key, Racking, Welfare and Van Conversion Market dealing with leading brands such as Sortimo, System Edstrom, and to provide bespoke solutions.
We are looking to recruit a highly efficient, well organised Planner who can confidently communicate at all levels. You will be motivated and ambitious and want to be part of our Team with a desire to expand your knowledge and experience to further develop your future career with us.
Ideally you will have previous planning experience within the automotive/engineering/service industry, or similar setting. You will need to be a logical thinker and be able to effectively prioritise and balance the needs of the customer and SMUK. You will have strong IT skills and the ability to work under pressure and communicate well at all levels both on the telephone, and via email with customers and colleagues. Full in-house training will be provided on our bespoke Bookings System.
The ideal candidate will be confident and be able to work to a high standard on their own initiative and as part of a Team. You will possess excellent communication and customer service skills, with a polite and professional manner.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Schedule, plan, organise and distribute jobs/customer installs/service calls to our Engineers using our bespoke Bookings System whilst meeting the needs of the customer and maximizing quality and overall efficiency.
- Effectively manage the complexity of each job, utilizing the resources, skill sets of the Engineers and availability of products/parts.
- Reporting into the Bookings Manager and working alongside the Service Manager and Workshop Managers to ensure daily and weekly targets are achieved and Engineers are working efficiently to capacity to meet the needs of the customer.
- Working with the Bookings Team and liaising with other internal departments such as Stores, Sales, Accounts, Quality, and Technical to provide a seamless and exceptional customer experience.
If you would like to be part of a well-respected, successful dedicated team working to the highest standard, with full training provided and the opportunity for progression then look no further and apply for this Planner role with your updated CV.