Published: 11th August 2023
Position: Parts Advisor
Location: Northern Workshop, Leeds.
Job Type: Full Time 40hrs Permanent Monday to Friday
Salary: £24,000 to £26,000 basic per annum, dependent upon experience + benefits
Established in 2000 as a small family business, SM UK, an auto-engineering company specializing in commercial vehicle safety systems has gone from strength to strength. Operating Nationwide dealing with some of the largest fleets in the country, whilst providing optimum solutions and a seamless service tailored to meet the exact requirements of our clients.
Due to our continued progressive growth, diversification and further recent expansion into our new purpose built facility, incorporating our new Leeds Head Office and Workshop, SM UK currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Parts Advisor/Stores Operative to further enhance and support operations and logistics.
SM UK are recognised as the preferred supplier for the UK’s biggest manufacturer of vehicle safety systems and more recently we have expanded into the welfare van conversion market.
We are looking to recruit a motivated, energetic, and ambitious individual to join our Stores Team. You may already be in a similar role or be looking for an opportunity to change roles, if so, we are interested in hearing from you, and in return we will give you the chance to develop and progress your future career with us.
The ideal candidate will be organised and efficient with a keen eye for detail. Tasks will include, but not limited to placing orders, picking, packing and helping dispatch ‘Kit’ to our Engineers and site locations, general Stores duties including stock takes and maintaining a clean and safe working environment. The role can, at times be physically demanding so a general level of fitness will be required. A driving licence would be desirable but not essential. We provide full in-house training in our systems and procedures.
You will be an integral part of the Stores Team contributing to the efficient running of the business, by facilitating the logistics function to manage the fulfillment of ordering and dispatching ‘Kit’ to Engineers to meet customer requirements. Working to a high standard both on your own initiative and as part of a Team, you will have a flexible ‘can do’ attitude and hands on approach, with the willingness to learn. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, dealing with a variety of tasks in a polite and professional manner, with an awareness of Health and Safety and Manual Handling within a Stores environment.
Your duties may include but not limited to the following:
- Placing a variety of orders with approved suppliers
- Receiving goods
- Using a picking list to identify products from internal stores/stock
- Pick, check and pack items ready for dispatch
- Dispatch of ‘Kit’ to Engineers at workshop and third party locations
- Producing the necessary paperwork for each individual package
- Securely packaging items to arrive in excellent condition
- Maintain accurate records using bespoke internal software system
- Identify and record any errors and discrepancies
- Stock checks and inventory counts
- General stores duties including helping to maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Compliance with company policies and procedures
In return we offer :
- Private Health Insurance including discounted gym memberships, fitness activity trackers and other scheme rewards
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Annual Social Events
- Full In-House Training
- Opportunity for career progression & training
- Free onsite parking
If you would like to be part of a well-respected, successful team, working to the highest standard, then look no further and apply now with your updated CV.