Published: 31st July 2023
Job Title: Compliance Administrator
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 Per Annum depending on experience
Location: SM UK – Unit 6 Gelderd Park, 98 Gelderd Road, Leeds.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week – Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00
Are you a meticulous and detail-oriented professional with a passion for compliance? Do you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment?
Established in 2000, SM UK, are the UK’s No 1 auto-electrical engineering and van conversion company specialising in commercial vehicle safety systems and full turn-key solutions.
Operating Nationwide and dealing with some of the largest fleets in the country whilst providing optimum solutions and a seamless service tailored to meet the exact requirements of our clients. We pride ourselves on our strong compliance culture and aim to uphold the highest ethical and regulatory standards across all aspects of our operations.
We are currently seeking a talented Compliance Administrator to undertake the Company’s QHSE and compliance administrative activities. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the success of our business and ensure adherence to regulatory standards.
Working closely with the Technical, Quality Control and Homologation manager you will assist in compliance across the company and to promote a positive and compliant safety culture. You will support the implementation of business standards and operational procedures and provide health and safety support and guidance on compliance matters.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Assist in the development and implementation of compliance policies and procedures specific to the automotive industry, ensuring alignment with relevant regulations and best practices.
- Administration of Type Approval
- Conduct regular internal audits to assess compliance with internal policies and external regulatory requirements in Leeds and Tamworth and report findings.
- Monitor changes in applicable laws and regulations, providing timely updates and recommendations to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Manage in the continued maintenance of ISO 9001 certification, Safe Contractor and Avetta
- Assist in developing of QHSE Policies and procedures.
- Support the assessment, monitoring, measuring, and recommendations associated with QHSE improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with operations and quality assurance, to develop and implement compliance initiatives.
- Support training and awareness programs on compliance-related topics, ensuring employees are well-informed and educated.
- Investigate and respond to compliance-related inquiries and incidents, working closely with internal stakeholders and external authorities when necessary.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of compliance activities, reports, and findings.
- Experience in the motor vehicle environment would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience of working in a regulated industry preferred
- A passion for quality
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to solve problems and execute solutions to problems/issues identified
- An ability to build strong working relationships
- Self-motivated and able to plan and manage own workload
- At least one year experience in QHSE management
- Have knowledge of ISO9001 and Health and Safety regulations and be able to audit against this standard
In return we offer:
- Private Health Insurance including discounted gym memberships, fitness activity trackers and other scheme rewards
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Annual Social Events
- Full In-House Training
- Opportunity for career progression & training
- Free onsite parking